A Wonderful Day in Mexico City
Sorry I didn’t post anything yesterday I was just too tired…
I had an eventful day yesterday. Let’s do a run down:
1.) I had an interview at a federal agency for a job in DC that seemed like something I would love to do. It wasn’t an Auditor position, but more of a marketing and analysis type role. The interview was going well and they asked when I could start all I could think about was my mother. I had already had a dream about her that morning and woke up crying PLUS my monthly “friend” is coming so I’m super emotional right now. I busted out crying on my interview…so I don’t think I’ll be getting that job. Oh well what’s meant to be will be. Moving on…
💎 Fiverr.com - Need a website? fiverr | Need a voice over? fiverr | Need a logo? fiverr
2) I met up with my host at 11am and we got breakfast at this restaurant she claimed was good. I ordered an omelette with green sauce. Wasn’t good at all but I ate it because I was hungry. But I got juice, tea, omelette, bread, and beans (that were cold) for $1.90. Where in the states are you getting all that for less than $2? I’m loving it.
3) I asked my host to show me the bus/train system. The bus system is a little confusing. I’m so used to the bus saying the place it is going on the front of the bus, side of the bus, back of the bus, SOMETHING. I’m sure I’ll get lost again until I learn enough Spanish to get by and use Uber/Taxi when I do. I asked my host do the bus’ give change and said yes. I told her in the states the machine just steals the money, no change given. They actually have the bus driver giving back change. But you do need coins, I didn’t see anyone giving paper money.
📆 TrustedHousesitters - Travel like a local for less. Exchange pet care for free accommodation.
We got to the train station and after all that juice and tea I had to use the bathroom. I’ve never seen where you had to pay to use the restroom. I’m like where do they do this!? My host asked you don’t have to pay in the states? Hell no! Least the bathroom was clean…guess it pays someone’s salary or somebody’s getting rich lol. Folks are telling me you can find that in the US, but I’ve never seen it before in my 30 years lol…guess I don’t get out much.
The train system is easy enough to use. Just like the states. They have great maps and directions telling you where you need to be or go to make it short, sweet, and simple. I’m so used to having a tap card which I saw you can get one…I need to figure that out. You walk up to a teller and ask for a ticket which is only 5 pesos one way (25 cents) and stick your ticket into the machine to be let in.
🎠 Skiplagged - Exposing loopholes in airfare pricing to save you money.
First time I ever saw someone trying to sell something on the train and this is coming from a regular rider in Boston, San Diego, and Sacramento. I’ve ridden trains in the Bay area, DC, and China. I was amazed and thought I need to start selling too ha! The guy hopped on the bus and tried to sell pens…PENS! Even kids were on the hustle and take. Check out the videos I made.
4) I made my way down to my Spanish school to see where it is and how to get there. Thank goodness it’s right by the train station. I could do it for a month see how I feel and then get a private tutor if I get too lazy or pressed for time. Almost two hours there and two hours back is a lot plus two hours of class each day. I’m going to be exhausted. For my first day I’m going to use Uber see how much it is and how long it will take me to get there. I may just do that everyday.
🛳️ Airfordable - Want to take a vacation but can’t afford to pay for the whole flight right now? Check out Airfordable! Sign up with my link to get $25 off your first flight!
5) After all that traveling I found a restaurant to grub at. Spent about 10 minutes trying to translate the menu and STILL got what I wanted wrong. I should have just went for the fajitas but was being cheap. I wanted enchiladas and ended up getting an ensalada con pollo (chicken salad). I also got agua de papaya (papaya water) which was delicious. Walked around for a bit see if I saw anything interesting (see the statue). Then I was on my way back home. I took a different route home on the train and bus to see things. I found Walmart, Forever 21, and Olive Garden!
6) Got off one train and got on the next train. Met a lovely man that explained where I should be going to get on the next train and I actually understood a little of what he was saying! Still got on going the wrong way but made the switch easy enough. Got out of the train station and tried looking for the bus. No bueno (good) so I found someone to help me she was super nice and even got out of her booth to help me. Then I found another young lady that spoke english and we chatted. I didn’t get her number as I didn’t think we would “click” especially after she started right on in on Trump and some woman wearing a hibjab that got snatched and torched at Yale. She was super nice though. Ended up getting lost again and called Uber. He couldn’t find me and I kept saying dos dos tres (223) for the building I was standing in front of because Uber had my location wrong. He found me eventually and took me home. He was SUPER excited to meet either a Black woman or an American don’t really know. I said “no se habla español” and that ended the conversation lol. At least they don’t ask for pics out here…
⛱️ VisaHQ - Help in obtaining your visa if needed
That’s the end of my adventure for yesterday. Not doing anything special today but applying for more jobs, go out to explore a little bit more because I have to eat, and might go to the store.
🚑 Seven Corners - Travel/Health insurance in case you get hurt, sick, or lose your luggage
🛴 Viator - Get $10 free
🗿 Groupon - Have used this web site for YEARS to find all kinds of deals in multiple cities all over the world.
⚓ Booking.com - Get 20% off hotels
Every little bit helps. Become a monthly donor and support the blog! Click the money bag to donate in your local currency or scan the code to send me bitcoin